Join FF Sydney on their "Journey of Diversity" in 2019 to Greater Orlando, USA; Mexico City, Mexico; and Trujillo, Peru. This opportunity is too good to miss! FF Sydney (the ambassador club) is a great, fun-loving, and active group looking forward to sharing experiences with like-minded Friendship Force members!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Greater Orlando, Mexico City, and Trujillo.
Live With a Local
- Enjoy dancing and singing in both cities in Latin America for the welcome and farewell parties.
- You'll get to know and understand the culture of Mexico - which includes learning about the many indigenous cultures.
- The clubs in Mexico and Peru involve a lot of their family in the welcome and farewell activities, so you will have a chance to meet a variety of people of all ages.
- Learn to dance the Marinera, visit The Moche Temples of the Sun and the Moon, and the 15th century mud brick city of Chan Chan.
- There is more to Orlando than just Walt Disney World and theme parks - discover the natural beauty of this city and its surrounds!
- Discover a city of laughter, music, churches, canals, floating gardens, and pyramids from an ancient civilization.
Wonderful, kind, and generous hosts. A great and varied programme. - Previous Ambassador Coordinator from New Zealand
Trujillo, Peru and Mexico City, Mexico and Greater Orlando, USA
29 Days / 28 Nights Program and Itinerary:
April 22, 2019 – May 14, 2019
Coordinator: John Eames, FF Sydney
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
April 22 to 29, 2019 - Orlando
Attend a welcome and farewell celebration with host club
Here are some of the places we may take visiting ambassadors:
City Tours of downtown Orlando or nearby cities, Winter Park or Sanford
April 30, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
Tour historical downtown where we can visit the National Palace to admire some wonderful murals painted by Diego Rivera, the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the remains of the Aztec city Tenochtitlan (all this is around the Main Square called Zocalo)
We will walk and visit some colonial buildings from the XVI & XVII centuries and wonderful palaces of XIX century
We also visit the handcrafts market
May 1, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
A guided tour to the Anthropology Museum visiting the Mexica (Aztec) hall. This museum is considered our most wonderful and rich museum. The building itself is the pride of our community. It holds the widest collection of pre-hispanic pieces of the world.
In the same area, we may visit Chapultepec Castle with a wonderful view of the city.
May 2, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
We offer a guided tour to the Teotihuacan Pyramids (about 50 km from home)
On our way back, we visit the Basilica de Guadalupe (Shrine of Guadalupe), the most important pilgrimage Catholic shrine in America.
May 3, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
Spend a day visiting the Dolores Olmedo Museum that holds the largest small works collection of Diego Rivera and many works of Frida Kahlo. In this museum we attend a concert given by young musicians or dance artists.
After the visit, we have lunch brought by hosts in Xochimilco (the floating gardens) in a kind of canoes while we enjoy Mexican music as “mariachis.”
May 4, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
We try to provide a free day for the host families to take ambassadors wherever they want or just to stay at home to enjoy a family gathering.
May 5, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
Depending in the interests of the group, we may do one of the activities below:
See the very old baroque Church (25 km from home) that is one of the most impressive examples of this art in Mexico.
Visit Toluca, the capital city of the State of Mexico, with the largest stained glass in the world known as Cosmovitral, (half a million pieces of crystal in 28 different colors).
Metepec, a small town known all over the world for their “trees of life.”
Many groups are interested in visiting the Fine Arts Palace for the performance of the Folkloric Ballet that is world famous.
May 6, 2019 - Mexico City - SAMPLE
Depart Mexico City
May 7 to 13, 2019 - PERU - OPTIONAL
Unplanned time where ambassadors are free to choose their own activities at their own cost
Possibility to tour Machu Picchu or other areas in Peru, contact Journey Coordinator for additional information
May 14, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Ambassadors will be picked up at airport.
May 15, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Guided visit through Trujillo
May 16, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Guided visit to la Huaca del Sol y la Luna
Lunch at la Campiña de Moche
May 17, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Visit the pabellón Nacional en la Plaza de Armas
Lunch with a show of typical dances
May 18, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Guided visit to Chan Chan ruins
Visit to balneario de Huanchaco
Lunch in Huanchaco
May 19, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Visit to the contemporary art museum
May 20, 2019 - TRUJILLO
Lunch with ambassadors
Know before you go
- Journey number 15047.
- There is an option to include inter-Journey travel May 7-13, which includes a stay in either Lima, Machu Picchu, Amazon, Puerto Maldonado, Paracas, Peru, or somewhere of your choice. This is NOT included in the price of the Journey.
- Optional post-Journey travel is to the Galapagos Islands for a four-day/five-night package.
- Bring very comfortable shoes, sun block, and a cap or hat. A sweater or jacket; early in the morning and late at evening it gets chilly in Mexico City; during the day it gets quite warm, without any rain - at all hosting destinations for this Journey.
- Trujillo is located on the banks of the Moche River, near its mouth at the Pacific Ocean, in the Moche Valley. This was a site of the great prehistoric Moche and Chimu cultures before the Inca conquest and subsequent expansion.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.