San Diego is a beautiful and relaxed city on the Pacific Ocean Coast of Southern California, USA. The peaceful natural surroundings of promote introspection, and remind us that we are all citizens of one beautiful world.
Provided by the Friendship Force club of San Diego County.
Live With a Local
- A Mexican-style welcome party in the Spanish Colonial Old Town of San Diego.
- A beachside barbecue farewell party.
- See interesting metal sculptures and the State Park Nature Center in the nearby desert.
- Enjoy “Apple-Days” and the fall colors of an old mining town in the local mountains.
- Visit the world Famous San Diego Zoo.
- Enjoy lunch and local craft beers in our new Market Hall.
- Visit Birch Aquarium.
- Take a two-hour boat cruise in the San Diego Bay.
- Spend a free day enjoying one or more of the city's 20+ museums, Balboa Park, or just take the day to relax at the beach.
Very good program and excellent execution! My hosts were very friendly. - Previous Ambassador
San Diego, California, USA
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
September 25, 2017 – October 2, 2017
Coordinator: Greta Smeyers, FF Leuven, Belgium
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Mon. Sept. 25
Arrivals – Ambassadors will be picked up at the San Diego Airport.
Tues. Sept. 26
Visit Old Town
Mexican Welcome – Lunch Buffet
Guided tour of historic Spanish Mission de’ Acala
Wed. Sept. 27
Visit World-Famous San Diego Zoo
Thurs. Sept. 28
Visit Birch Ocean Aquarium
Neighborhood Friendship Dinner parties
Fri. Sept. 29
Two-hour Harbor cruise
Liberty Station Market
Beer Hall Lunch
Sat. Sept. 30
Bus trip to old mountain mining town
Desert State Park & Nature Center and Desert metal Sculptures
Sun. October 1
Free Day – Options Include: Balboa Park, one or more of the city’s 20 museums, a day at the beach, or attending a wine or beer tasting.
Beach BBQ Farewell Party
Mon. Oct. 2
Departure day – Ambassadors taken to the San Diego Airport.
Know before you go
- Weather will be sunny, warm, and dry (as always in San Diego). Bring shorts, sunscreen, and a hat.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.