Join us for all or just part of this four-week Journey to experience springtime in the South Pacific! With four full homestays and one stop-over, our five host clubs from different parts of Australia and New Zealand will give participants a chance to see a very wide slice of life "Down Under."
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Newcastle, Tamworth, Bundaberg, Hamilton-Waikato, and South Taranaki.
Live With a Local
- Meeting people from different parts of Australia and New Zealand will give participants a chance to see a very wide slice of life "Down Under."
- We use our abundance of beautiful beaches and waterways for those who are from inland regions, and show off our agricultural district to coastal based clubs.
- Attend picnics and potlucks, listen to country music, and enjoy authentic Australian cooking.
- Group viewing of iconic Australian movies.
- Visit wineries, see the unique local wildlife, and stop by several farms in the region.
- Take in local industry, with a visit to a distillery and a tour in the region where sugar is grown and rum is made.
- Enjoy a special turtle egg-laying guided viewing.
The first week in Bundaberg, all my fears were allayed. The hosts were magnanimous and I thoroughly enjoyed snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef! - Previous Ambassador from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Newcastle, Tamworth, and Bundaberg, Australia and Hamilton-Waikato, (with Stop-Over in South Taranaki,) New Zealand
42 Days / 41 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 11, 2017 – November 21, 2017
Coordinator: Helen Manning, FF North Bay
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Oct. 11 - 12
Fly to Sydney.
Oct. 13 - 16
Stay in Sydney for free time, to rest and explore the city on our own.
Option to attend a performance at the Sydney Opera House.
Oct. 16 - 23
Homestay with FF Newcastle, Australia.
Oct. 23 - 30
Homestay with FF Tamworth, Australia.
Oct. 30 - Nov. 2
Brisbane for free time to rest and explore the city on our own.
Nov. 2 - 8
Homestay with FF Bundaberg, Australia.
Visit the famed Great Barrier Reef.
Fly from Bundaberg, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand.
Overnight in hotel.
Nov. 10 - 17
Homestay with FF Hamilton-Waikato, New Zealand.
Highlights include Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Hobbiton.
Nov. 17 - 21
Stop-over with FF South Taranaki, New Zealand.
$2200 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees.
Price does NOT include:
- International Flights
- Hotel, meals, and tours for one to three days in Sydney.
- Hotel meals and tours for three nights and two days in Brisbane.
- Hotel in Auckland and optional tour of Auckland for one night and ½ day.
- Gifts for home, day, and dinner hosts.
- Treating home hosts to dinner.
- Optional activities during free time in Journey programs, such as:
- Day trip to the Great Barrier Reef ($220 AU)
- Glow Worm Caves ($49 NZ)
- Visit to Hobbiton ($80 NZ)
- Day trip to Rotorua (price not yet available.)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a possible four-week homestay, plus a stop-over. There are many costs involved and it depends on what the applicant wants to take part in. They are welcome to join at any point along the way.
Know before you go
- It will be springtime in Australia and New Zealand during the trip. Temperatures will range from 57-72°F. Layers are suggested.
- There is ONE space remaining for the Australian portion and THREE spaces available for the New Zealand portion.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.