Enjoy this two-week Journey that splits your time between host clubs in two countries - Canada and the United States! Your first week will be with hosts in FF Winnipeg, who will share their homes and their wonderful city with you. Then, transfer to your second host club, FF Minnesota-Twin Cities, where you will get firsthand experience what it means to be "Minnesota Nice!"
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Winnipeg and Minnesota-Twin Cities.
Live With a Local
- Each Friendship Force Journey begins with a welcome event, includes dinner parties in member's homes, local cultural events, seeing the sights and learning about new places and new cultures, and ends with a farewell event.
- During each week there is an opportunity for Ambassadors to take their hosts out for a meal.
- FF Winnipeg - much to do and see from zoos, museums, and cultural centers. We will visit the historic area of the Forks with its warehouses converted to shops, restaurants, and green spaces dedicated to festivals, concerts, and exhibits. We will also visit the Exchange District known for its art museums and 20th century architecture.
- FF Minnesota-Twin Cities - Discover what it means to be "Minnesota Nice!" - Lakes, parks, gardens, and museums will keep us busy.
Our visit exceeded our expectations! - Previous ambassador
Minnesota-Twin Cities, USA and Winnipeg, Canada
15 Days / 14 Nights Program and Itinerary:
May 6, 2020 – May 20, 2020
Coordinator: Pat Gomez, FF Los Angeles
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
May 6 - 12, 2020 - Winnipeg
Welcome party with hosts in FF Winnipeg.
Opportunities to see the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s exhibit featuring Polar Bears. The Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the historic area of the Forks with its warehouses converted to shops, restaurants, and green spaces dedicated to festivals, concerts, and exhibits. A visit to the Royal Canadian Mint and the provincial Legislative Building with its stunning architecture and dramatic interior may also be included.
May 13, 2020 - Transfer
Say farewell to hosts in FF Winnipeg
Fly from Winnipeg, Canada to Minnesota, USA
Meet next set of hosts in FF Minnesota-Twin Cities
May 14 - 20, 2020 - Minnesota-Twin Cities
Get to know your hosts over shared meals, as well as welcome and farewell parties
Activities in St. Paul could include State Capitol tour, Minnesota History Center (includes Native American exhibit), St Paul Cathedral, Mansions of Summit Avenue, or a Mississippi River Boat cruise. In Minneapolis, options include Minnehaha Falls, Guthrie Theater, Mill City Museum, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Walker Modern Art Museum, or the American Swedish Institute. Outside of the city, we could visit Lake Minnetonka or the University of Minnesota Arboretum. Options also include a day trip to Stillwater on St Croix river or a Lake Mille Lac scenic drive and visit to Native American museum.
Know before you go
- Journey number 20308.
- Pack in layers as late spring weather can be unpredictable.
- We will be flying from Winnipeg to Minnesota and can share flight information as it becomes available.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.