For 40 years, Friendship Force International has worked to plant seeds of understanding beyond the barriers that separate people by increasing cultural understanding and encouraging each of us to be good citizen diplomats. By providing opportunities for global friendship, our views of the world around change, we become aware and for some, we are fundamentally changed. We invite you to take part in this very important project of Friendship Force International by joining with others on this journey to Japan. We are thankful to the generosity of our donors and sponsors for making this trip affordable and accessible. The window to participate is brief and there are a world of friends waiting to meet you!
Provided by the Friendship Force club of FF Hiroshima.
Live With a Local
- Students will be home-hosted while in the city of Fukuyama.
- Meet and learn from local government officials.
- Attend a local high school for an afternoon.
- Have a Japanese cooking experience.
- Be guided by local Friendship Force hosts from three Japanese clubs.
- Visit the historic Atomic Bomb Memorial in Hiroshima.
- Take a tour of Miyajima.
- Explore an evening in Tokyo.
Global Youth Journey to Japan
9 Days / 8 Nights Program and Itinerary:
June 10, 2017 – June 18, 2017
Coordinator: Allison Lindsey
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Sat., June 10
Leave for Tokyo
Sun., June 11
Arrive Tokyo Haneda International Airport
Mon., June 12
Welcome Reception & Orientation: FF Hiroshima
Tue., June 13
Morning: Atomic Bomb Memorial
Afternoon: Activity with Hiroshima Jogakuin HS
Wed., June 14
Morning: Miyajima tour
Afternoon: Visit Hiroshima prefecture/city government
Thurs., June 15
Japanese Cuisine cooking experience
Fri., June 16
Morning: Tsuneishi Shipbuilding tour
Afternoon: Zen experience
Evening: FF Hiroshima Farewell Party
Sat., June 17
Evening: Tokyo Night Tour
Sun., June 18
Morning: Tokyo Tsukiji Fish Market tour
Afternoon: Tokyo tour
Evening flight back to US or own accommodation
Know before you go
- Parents/chaperones are welcome to join - there will be home hosting available for you as well!
- An FFI representative will be in attendance throughout the entire program.
- FFI will help arrange and purchase all airfare and ground transportation in Japan.
- Students and parents/chaperones will be invited to attend a series of online cultural workshops led by our staff and key volunteers prior to departure.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.