Join us for an adventure rolling through farmlands, lake-studded forests, glacial topography, and picturesque small towns on a bike adventure with the FF Madison, Wisconsin club. This home-hosted, nine-day bike Journey offers both modest and challenging options for rides on some of the state's over 100 trails. Our adventure uses trails around our four lakes, to visit the State Capital, the largest growers-only farmers' market in the U.S., and the University of Wisconsin. We will bike to quintessential Wisconsin destinations, including Lake Michigan, dairy farms, cheese factories, wineries, breweries, and world class bike and related manufacturers. We will participate in "Bike the Barns Ride", fundraiser to help low-income families afford fresh, organic food.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Wisconsin-Madison.
Live With a Local
- Our final ride will be "Bike the Barns", a wonderful Fairshare CSA Coalition charity ride that provides fresh produce to those in need. There are lots of interesting food and stops along the way, a celebratory lunch, as well as food and music at the end.
- Visit the UW campus with its famous terrace on the lake where you can have campus-made ice cream or Wisconsin-brewed beer
- Olbrich Botanical Garden
- Famous Saturday Farmer's Market (largest producer-only market in the country)
- Capital Building
- Ride around Lake Monona
- Lake shore options in Milwaukee include the Calatrava-designed Art Museum or the Harley Davidson Museum
Great hosts, and a good itinerary combining both rural and city activities. - Previous ambassador
Escape to Wisconsin by Bike!
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
September 14, 2020 – September 21, 2020
Coordinator: Hank Weiss, FF Wisconsin-Madison
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Sept. 14, 2020
Arrival in Madison
Sept. 15, 2020
Tune-up Ride 1
Sept. 16, 2020
Sept. 17, 2020
Sept. 18, 2020
Possible Trek Tour
Sept. 19, 2020
Ride 4 – Downtown lake ride
Sept. 20, 2020
Ride 5 – Bike the Barns charity ride
Sept. 21, 2020
$600 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, rides, welcome dinner, lunch allowance, final charity ride, and trail pass. Does NOT include rental bike, which, if needed, is about $100 to $125 for a week.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- Journey number 20316.
- Bring your own favorite bike, or rent a bike locally to make everything easier.
- Ride mostly along a mix of paved and limestone bike trails (no traffic). Suitable for any bike other than skinny road bikes.
- All rides will have a short and long option (up to about 25 miles or up to about 40 to 50 miles).
- Most rides will be mainly flat with a few rolling hills - easy to moderate biking.
- We will ride in all weather unless there are serious thunder storms - bring appropriate clothing.
- Links to information about the trails can be sent to you upon request.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.