Join Friendship Force International's President/CEO, Jeremi Snook and board member, James Permana, on this Journey to make new friends in Indonesia! The group will have the opportunity to participate in activities surrounding the Indonesia National Conference where members from all over Indonesia will be in attendance, and then make new friends in Jakarta and Surabaya with Friendship Force clubs there.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Surabaya and Jakarta.
Live With a Local
- Participate in activities with Friendship Force National Conference Attendees
- Attend a farewell party hosted by FF Surabaya
- Enjoy meals with local FF families
- Experience restaurants not usually visited by tourists
- Visit Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, a beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park
- Bali is filled with Balinese architecture, Buddhist shrines, and breathtaking ocean views. You will be able to explore wild monkey parks with many interactive opportunities, along with beautiful private villas with private pools.
- Jakarta's Chinatown has a unique collection of food vendors open only in the early mornings. We will be able to visit traditional markets for souvenir shopping, see spectacular skyscrapers, and experience the cultural diversity of Jakarta which brings in people from China, Australia, and all over Indonesia into one bustling city.
Discover Indonesia with Jeremi Snook
11 Days / 10 Nights Program and Itinerary:
January 24, 2019 – February 3, 2019
Coordinator: Jeremi Snook, FFI
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Thursday, Jan. 24
Ambassadors arrive at Ngurah Rai International, Denpasar – Bali airport
Friday, Jan. 25 – Sunday, Jan. 27
Open schedule with suggested activities around Bali
Visit to meet the Royal Family in Ubud
Monday, Jan. 28
Host family of FF Surabaya pick up ambassadors at Juanda International Airport
Tuesday, Jan. 29
City Tour: City Hall, Maspati Green Village, Bank Indonesia Museum, Hero Monument Museum, Afternoon Tea & Majapahit, Hotel Tour, Tracking Peneleh Soekarno Residence
Wednesday, Jan. 30
Majapahit Empire Tour
Thursday, Jan. 31
Hosts drop ambassadors at Juanda International Airport, Surabaya
Ambassadors arrive at Soekarno – Hatta International Airport, Jakarta
Visit Istiqlal Mosque (the biggest mosque in Southeast Asia)
Visit The National Monument (the icon of Jakarta)
Dinner with FF Jakarta members
Visit the Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park (Taman Mini Indonesia Indah)
Friday, Feb. 01
Explore Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII) or “Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park” (literally translated), a culture-based recreational area located in East Jakarta. It has an area of about 250 acres (1.0 km2). The park is a synopsis of Indonesian culture, with virtually all aspects of daily life in Indonesia’s 26 (in 1975) provinces encapsulated in separate pavilions with the collections of Indonesian architecture, clothing, dances, and traditions – all depicted impeccably
Apart from that, there are cable cars, museums, and a lake with a miniature of the archipelago in the middle of it
Visit and explore the Bogor Botanical Garden. This garden started as a research and conservation of various plant species in Indonesia. This place offers a refreshing and educational experience fostering appreciation and care for the natural biodiversity
Saturday, Feb. 2
Visit Jakarta Textile Museum, a cultural educational institution, with a mission to conserve traditional textile. It displays a collection of Indonesian textile. It has a natural dye garden. The Ambassadors can enjoy the experience of painting your own Batik painting at the Batik pavilion. At the end, your Batik painting is for you to take home as souvenir and a token of appreciation to yourself for your love to Batik as intangible cultural heritage of humanity
Sunday, Feb 3
Hosts drop ambassadors at Soekarno – Hatta International Airport, Jakarta
Arrive in Belitung
Boat trip and snorkeling
Enjoy a traditional Belitung noodle/ramen on your way to the hotel where we will drop our luggage and check-in
We will then depart on a boat trip leaving from Tanjung Kelayan. On this trip, we will visit Batu Garuda island and Pasir island and snorkel at Lengkuas island. Lunch will be on Kepayang island followed by a trip to Batu Berlayar island and a return to Kelayang and the hotel
Dinner will be at local restaurant with beach view
Monday, Feb 4
Boat trip and snorkeling
This day’s journey to Leebong Island includes a boat ride to Pasir island with a tour of the island, as well as a Mangrove Forest and Leebong island, followed by lunch. Leebong island is a park that includes use of bikes, karaoke, volleyball, soccer, kayaking, games, and coffee and tea while on the island
Tuesday, Feb 5
Relax in the hotel or purchase some souvenirs
After lunch and a coffee break, ambassadors will return to the airport for departure
$1170 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, three nights in villas in Bali, six nights of homestays, ground transportation while in Indonesia, and domestic flights between locations.
Does not include international flights, food, and souvenirs.
Single Supplement for Bali is $60.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- Journey number: 15003
- We would like to add on a tour like this one before the Journey, if there is enough interest. Please let us know if you are interested in adding this portion.
- There is an optional add-on to Belitung. The cost is approx. $260 USD and includes ground transportation for three days, flight from Jakarta, boat trip/snorkeling gear, and hotel for two nights. $50 for single supplement in Belitung.
- Be prepared for hot, humid weather with frequent rain - bring sunblock, sunglasses, light rain jackets or umbrellas, and comfortable shoes. Walking can be challenging as the sidewalks are uneven and not sloped for handicap-accessibility. Public toilets may be squat style rather than western (particularly in rural areas).
- Typhoid medications are typically advised for travelers in this area, but are certainly not required and will take several weeks advance planning (dosing takes one week and should be completed at least one week before travel).
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.