See the sights of Székesfehérvár and the surrounding regions during this Journey that will give you the opportunity to interact with all three Friendship Force clubs in Hungary.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Székesfehérvár.
Live With a Local
- Meet members from the three different Hungarian clubs all in one week, (day-hosted in Budapest and Pécs, home-hosted in Székesfehérvár)!
- People from clubs worldwide will have the chance to experience Hungarian hospitality.
- Take a stroll in the city centre of Budapest with the help of either the Budapest club members or the Székesfehérvár members. Sights include Vaci Street, Vorosmarty Square, The Danube bank-promenade, and Saint Stephen Basilica
- Travel to Balatonfured to see Lake Balaton, the biggest freshwater lake in Central Europe
- Visit a Unesco World Heritage site, the Benedictine Archabbey of Pannonhalma, and taste five different wines produced in the abbey winery
- Relax at the Széchenyi Thermal Bath in Budapest
This club (Székesfehérvár) was very welcoming. My hosts (...) spoke excellent English and our conversations were lively and entertaining. (...) I would not hesitate to visit Pécs or Székesfehérvár in a future exchange and I hope that my club will have the privilege of hosting these clubs soon. - US ambassador
7 Days / 6 Nights Program and Itinerary:
September 20, 2018 – September 26, 2018
Coordinator: Krisztina Balogh
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Sept. 20, 2018
Arrive in Budapest
Take a stroll in the city centre of Pest and see Vaci Street, Vorosmarty Square, The Danube bank-promenade, Saint Stephen Basilica
In the evening take part in an optional river cruise with dinner (with 30 different languages) to see the lights of the city. The cruise would be two and a half hours long
Sept. 21, 2018
Visit the Parliament Building
Visit the Buda Castle District and Gellert Hill where there is an outstanding view point
Visit Andrassy Street, the Heroes’ Square and the City Park
Enjoy a traditional thermal bath called Széchenyi Thermal Bath in the City Park
Lunch at local restaurant
Sept. 22, 2018
Leave for Székesfehérvár by rented minibus and meet the hosts, then go on a sightseeing tour of the historical city centre of Székesfehérvár
Visit some museums and take a small train ride to get to Bory Castle which is an open air museum
Evening with hosts
Sept. 23, 2018
Leave for Pécs, a beautiful city in the southern part of Hungary
Visit the third FF club in Hungary, with the possibility of being day-hosted by the Pécs club members
Pécs has marvelous museums and sights
Sept. 24, 2018
Travel to Pannonhalma by rented minibus to visit a Unesco World Heritage site, the Benedictine Archabbey of Pannonhalma (about 50 miles from Székesfehérvár)
See the abbey and the botanical garden
Taste five different wines which are produced in the winery of the abbey; lunch
Sept. 25, 2018
Travel to Herend to visit the world famous porcelain museum
Then travel to Balatonfured to see Lake Balaton, have lunch, and then visit Tihany, one of the most popular places of Hungary due to its Abbey church
Farewell dinner in a restaurant in Székesfehérvár
Sept. 26, 2018
Say your goodbyes and then leave for the airport
$1300 USDPrice Includes: The price is an estimate. Included are FFI fees, two nights in a hotel in Budapest (exact price after the hotel is arranged), four-night homestay with FF Székesfehérvár, Budapest Card for getting around in Budapest, dinner cruise on the Danube in Budapest, entrance fees to the sights, some lunches, and minibus rental to get to the different destinations every day from the base in Székesfehérvár.
Know before you go
- Journey Number 14436
- The weather is usually mild in September, but be prepared for anything! It could be hot, it could be cold, sunny or rainy...
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.