Enjoy the nature and history of Calgary, Alberta, Canada and Portland, Oregon, USA on this Journey that is sure to establish new friendships and impress you with everything these areas have to offer! The Journey features two homestays, separated by and optional, four-night tour between the two host clubs via Vancouver Island.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Calgary and Columbia Cascade.
Live With a Local
- Home-hosting by FF Calgary & FF Columbia Cascade, sharing their culture, history, and landscapes.
- Royal Tyrrell Museum
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Leighton Art Centre
- Columbia River
- Cascade Mountains
- Portland Rose Festival
They exceeded our expectations - great cities, excellent hosts, and nice organization! - Previous ambassador
Calgary, Alberta, Canada & Columbia Cascade, Oregon, USA
19 Days / 18 Nights Program and Itinerary:
May 20, 2020 – June 7, 2020
Coordinator: David Adams, FF Mount Barker & Districts
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
May 20 to 26, 2020 - Calgary
Enjoy a week with your hosts in FF Calgary who will show you around the city
Royal Tyrrell Museum
Heritage Park Historical Village
Leighton Art Centre
May 27 to 31, 2020 - OPTIONAL TOUR
OPTIONAL tour package between homestays: Vancouver, British Columbia to Portland, Oregon via Vancouver Island.
Includes four nights in hotels, two ferries, and a rail journey.
Contact the Journey Coordinator for pricing and additional information.
June 1 to 7, 2020 - Columbia Cascade
Make friends with members of FF Columbia Cascade, who will be your hosts for the week
Immerse yourself in the beautiful natural setting of Portland, Oregon and the surrounding Cascade Mountians
Portland Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade
Know before you go
- Journey number 20111.
- Weather in Calgary is cool to mild, with some rain possible.
- Portland is mild to warm, with possible rain.
- There is an optional tour package between the two homestays: Vancouver, British Columbia to Portland, Oregon via Vancouver Island; includes four nights in hotels, two ferries and a rail journey. Contact the Journey Coordinator for pricing and additional information.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.