Join members of FF Northeast Ohio on this wonderful Journey to Cairo, Egypt! Your first week will be home-hosted by members of FF Cairo, where you will enjoy opportunities to make new friends, or perhaps rekindle old friendships. Week two consists of a private, 8-day tour of Egypt and Jordan, and will be an excellent time to see the sights and learn about the history of these fascinating countries.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Cairo.
Live With a Local
- FF Cairo members will welcome ambassadors for a 7-night homestay.
- We are hopeful that the new Grand Egyptian Museum in Cairo will be at least partially open at the time of our visit, but this is not guaranteed.
- Welcome and farewell dinners with hosts.
- Pyramids of Giza
- Egyptian Museum
- Alexandria National Museum
- Khan el-Khalili bazaar district
- Grand Egyptian Museum in Cairo, if open
FFNEO is eager to reunite with friends we made in 2011 when FF of Cairo journeyed to Northeast Ohio. - Journey Coordinator Jackie Herriman
16 Days / 15 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 23, 2019 – November 7, 2019
Coordinator: Jackie Herriman, FF Northeast Ohio
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Oct. 23, 2019
Travel day from the ambassadors’ home countries to Cairo, Egypt
Oct. 24, 2019
Arrival in Cairo
Visit to the Pyramids and Saquara Pyramids
Oct. 25, 2019
Visit to the Egyptian Museum and the Citadel
Oct. 26, 2019
Visit Alexandria, the main port of Egypt and its second largest city
Oct. 27, 2019
Khan el-Khalili bazaar
Oct. 28, 2019
Visit Al Sultan Hassan and El Refai Mosques
Hanging Cooptic churches
Oct. 29, 2019
Free day with the hosts
Oct. 30, 2019
Oct. 31, 2019
Start of tour with a flight to Aswan
Shortened itinerary below, detailed itinerary can be found HERE
Nov. 1, 2019
Abu Simbel Temples
Start of 3-night Nile Cruise
Nov. 2, 2019
Sail to Kom Ombo and Edfu
Nov. 3, 2019
Sightseeing in Luxor
Nov. 4, 2019
Luxor and Karnak sightseeing
Flight to Amman
Nov. 5, 2019
Madaba and The Dead Sea
Nov. 6, 2019
Nov. 7, 2019
Departure from Amman
$2700 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fee, welcome and farewell dinners, local excursions (possibly including Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Alexandria National Museum, Khan el-Khalili bazaar district, and the Grand Egyptian Museum, if open). Also includes the 8-day private tour of Egypt and Jordan after the homestay week. NOT INCLUDED: Round-trip air fare from home country to Cairo and from Amman.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- Journey number 15213.
- The Oct. 31 - Nov. 7 private tour of Egypt and Jordan is optional. If choosing NOT to participate in this 8-day add-on, the cost of the one-week home-hosted Journey in Cairo is $700 USD. First preference for filling this Journey will be to those individuals interested in BOTH the 7-day home stay AND 8-day added tour. For those interested in ONLY the homestay or ONLY the added tour, please advise and you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Ambassadors will self-arrange their own air travel to Cairo and from Amman. For those wishing to fly and arrive in Cairo on Oct. 23 as a group (this is preferred), Journey Coordinator will provide a departure city, airlines, and flight numbers. Details to follow. Airlines and flight numbers will also be provided for group departure from Amman, although ambassadors are free to choose their own flight itinerary based on their home city or additional destinations they wish to visit.
- FF Cairo’s Journey Coordinator is asking that ambassadors obtain Egyptian Visa prior to our arrival. Details to follow. Jordanian Visa is included in add-on tour package.
- Passports require a minimum of two blank pages and expiration no later than April 23, 2019 (6 months prior to arrival).
- The Journey coordinator is asking each ambassador to obtain travel insurance, selecting their own provider and policy provisions.
- Ambassadors should expect to do considerable walking. Mobility and stamina should be moderate to strong.
- Daytime temperatures in November should range from 70 to 80°F (21 to 27°C), with cooler temperatures in the evening.
- Ambassadors will be expected to follow a FF Northeast Ohio tradition of taking a token gift for your home and dinner hosts and of taking your home hosts out to lunch or dinner during the homestay week.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.