This Journey will immerse you into the culture of Egypt with a seven-day homestay in Cairo, a day trip to Alexandria, visits to the Pyramids in Giza and the Egyptian History Museum, as well as plenty of opportunities to learn about modern-day Egypt.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Cairo.
Live With a Local
- Taste authentic Egyptian food
- See typical Egyptian dress
- Experience the everyday lives of Egyptian people
- The Pyramids in Giza
- The Egyptian History Museum
The people were very warm, friendly, and welcoming. They treated us very well. - Chilean ambassador, 2015.
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 17, 2018 – October 24, 2018
Coordinator: John Wilhelm, FF Greater Atlanta
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Oct. 17, 2018
Arrive in Cairo
Oct. 18, 2018
Visit to the Egyptian Museum and the Citadel
Lunch at the Nile Points Restaurant
Oct. 19, 2018
Visit the Pyramids and the Saqara Pyramids
Oct. 20, 2018
Visit to Alexandria, Egypt’s second largest city and the main port of the country situated on the Mediterranean Sea
Oct. 21, 2018
Visit to Khan El Khalili bazaar and old El-Moezz Street
Tanoura folkloric show
Oct. 22, 2018
Farewell party at Hanaa’s house
Oct. 23, 2018
El Refai Mosque
Hanging Cooptic Churches
Oct. 24, 2018
Depart for home or optional post-Journey extension tour.
OPTIONAL: Oct. 24 to 29, 2018
Embark on a Nile Cruise, with highlights including Elephantine Island, the Temple of Kom Ombo, the Temple of God Horus son of Osiris, and Luxor.
OPTIONAL: Oct. 29 to Nov. 5, 2018
Israel Extension with visits to the cities of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Galilee, Acre, Tel Aviv, and more.
Know before you go
- Journey Number 14199
- Temperatures in October average between 67 to 87°F (19 - 31°C).
- Prepare for large amount of walking and extended periods of being on your feet.
- Optional post-Journey tour: Fly to Aswan and board a river boat. Cruise the Nile for three days and visit Kom Ombo, Edfu, the Valley of Kings, and arrive at Luxor. Then fly to Amman, Jordan, and travel to Petra during the two days there. Tour concludes with a six-day stay in Israel. Visit Jerusalem (old & new city), Bethlehem, Nazareth, Golan Heights, Sea of Galilee, and other towns. Depart from Tel Aviv to return home. The cost of this extension is $3550 USD per person.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.